Guide to Determine How Long Drugs Stay in Your System
So, you are looking for an answer to how long drugs stay in your system so you can successfully pass a drug test in your near future, or maybe you just want to know this information to add to your general knowledge. Regardless of your reasoning, we have provided you with a chart to outline the length of time various illegal and controlled substances remain in your system when it comes to drug testing.
This Chart was Originally Published at Drugs.ie and should be used only as a guide as body charecteristics such as weight, activity and fluid intake can affect the times.
Drug detection times
Please use these figures as a guide only:
- Alcohol: 3-5 days in urine, 10-12 hours in blood
- Amphetamines: 1-3 days in urine and around 12 hours in blood
- Barbiturates: 2-4 days in urine and 1-2 days in blood
- Benzodiazepines: 3-6 weeks in urine and 2-3 days in blood.
- Cannabis: 7-30 days in urine and up to 2 weeks in blood
- Cocaine: 3-4 days in urine and 1-2 days in blood
- Codeine: 1 day in urine and up to 12 hours in blood
- Heroin: 3-4 days in urine and up to 12 hours in blood
- LSD: 1-3 days in urine and up to 2-3 hours in blood
- MDMA (ecstasy): 3-4 days in urine and 1-2 days in blood
- Methamphetamine (crystal meth): 3-6 days in urine and 24 – 72 hours in blood
- Methadone: 3-4 days in urine and 24-36 hours in blood
- Morphine: 2-3 days in urine and 6-8 hours in blood
For people who are active and in shape these times above can very possibly be shorter and those overweight can easily be longer.